Monday, March 31, 2008

The sound of silence.........

We kept the boys (Bryce and Rhett) Friday night. We watched "Every which way but loose" and "Pee-Wee's big adventure." Who doesn't enjoy watching a movie about a beer swilling chimpanzee and a fist fighting Clint Eastwood.

Saturday we took the boys fishing. They each caught fourteen brim. Then they got their first lesson on skinning fish. They didn't enjoy it as much as they thought. We fried the fish out at my parents Saturday night. Beth and Ron came over to eat along with my brother and the chick that he knocked up, her mom and dad and my grandma. After eating we played a board game. Lindsey and Beth missed their calling to be sailors. Filthy language and extremely crude comments in front of gram-gram, I was embarrassed.

We have made it to the second trimester. By "we" I mean Lindsey and I. By "have made it to" I mean we are there. By "to the second" I mean after the first and before the third. By "trimester" I mean trimester.

Just in case there was any doubt.................I won the board game by daylight.

2 comments:

Carol Beth said...

Ugh... There was no language from me, mister!!! Plus you were the one hitting the table in response to a bad call ! Yes, you won but how could you not, with all that yelling. The boys had fun, but they are still tired. They thought that "Uncle Reece and Uncle Barry" were acting crazy!!!

Anonymous said...

Anxiously awaiting the next addition.....